After the Rain

I

II

The New Mac Ordeal

I suppose this month is the month of shiny new tech gadgets, and the experience has definitely
been a positive one. I bought a new laptop- a Mac.

Just to be clear, I've been a Windows girl for quite some time. A few things I love about my lappy so far, believe it or not, is the operating system. I had a client come into our office today asking for some troubleshooting help to tweak some of his app configurations on his laptop. He had a new version of Linux' Ubuntu installed, and let me tell you, at first glance it is incredibly foreign to Windows. The plus-side here though, is that the OS was so close to Mac OSx, that I was easily able to help him set things up on his computer. It's a funny thing-- those new operating systems that we aren't familiar with. Mac OS is something very new to me, but it's certainly been fun learning through research and minimal trial and error. It might not be for everyone, but I'm certainly happy I made the plunge into it!

Clouds come floating into my life,
no longer to carry rain or usher storm,
but to add color to my sunset sky. --Rabindranath Tagore

1/8

I don't know you've noticed or not, but there's a noticeable difference in the images I posted here today. The bokeh is much more defined and a little more "free-spirited," and smooth. I'm absolutely loving the 1/8th lens that my Nikon is equipped with as well. It's interesting only being able to consider micro focus on the short focal lens, but it's so worth dealing with at the end of the day (vs. a bulkier stock lens with more focus distance to work with).

The day I forget to bring my camera with me, were beautiful clouds overhead! But that's okay, because sometimes happy spontaneous events stem from the things you found you've occasionally forgotten. Maybe tomorrow!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I work mainly with graphic poetry; a way to articulate a medium with both images and text. I really enjoy digital photography, and poems that make you want to think, and feel. A lot of my poetic subtext will be associated with Indie Poetry and Ecopoetry as ways to focus on expanding Social and Ecological awareness through a creative medium. It's my focus to find a way for others to connect through this visual medium, to have a way to express thoughts in a unique form, but also, to express our concerns with the constantly changing environments around us.

Popular Posts