White Iris

I

II

III
I wrote this post before I left this weekend for a crazy camping trip. It was pretty relaxing, and got my mind out of the everyday grind. Before I left though, I was reading UN refugee envoy journals and diaries. They were incredibly interesting, and I happened to come across a multi-media journal. The work from this particular envoy isn't mainstream at all, though the source typically seems to be.

Without ulterior judgment, the journals are honest and reflect subjectively on the families that are seen in these camps, and in their home villages.

Defiant.
Tough.

A few words an envoy used to describe the women she saw in the villages. The journals were an interesting look into the lives of these people that are usually overlooked. Mostly, this is what my post is about, focusing on the context and subtext that can be difficult to see, often, from where we are. It's a little dark, delicate, but also honest. Hope you enjoy the images as well :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I work mainly with graphic poetry; a way to articulate a medium with both images and text. I really enjoy digital photography, and poems that make you want to think, and feel. A lot of my poetic subtext will be associated with Indie Poetry and Ecopoetry as ways to focus on expanding Social and Ecological awareness through a creative medium. It's my focus to find a way for others to connect through this visual medium, to have a way to express thoughts in a unique form, but also, to express our concerns with the constantly changing environments around us.

Popular Posts