Sap, Flora, and Macro

I

II

III

Sap & Tallow

I'm grateful for beautiful distractions this week.

My new lenses are certainly fun stuff. The images I have here are taken with a wide angle Vivitar .43x with a built in macro, both 58mm. I really enjoy the natural vignette that occurs with these lenses. Here we have the things that texture is made of; up close angles, peeling bark, the surface of a small flower, and coming soon, petals. It's amazing being able to get up close and personal with my inanimate subjects, and I love that macro is a particular route. I often hear, that you ought to take a photograph, then move up close, then zoom in closer, until you find multiple images. I think that's true in a general way. You think you've found the perfect image in your field of view, then you zoom in and it's an entirely differently perspective, even though it's technically still in the same frame.

I hope you enjoy.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I work mainly with graphic poetry; a way to articulate a medium with both images and text. I really enjoy digital photography, and poems that make you want to think, and feel. A lot of my poetic subtext will be associated with Indie Poetry and Ecopoetry as ways to focus on expanding Social and Ecological awareness through a creative medium. It's my focus to find a way for others to connect through this visual medium, to have a way to express thoughts in a unique form, but also, to express our concerns with the constantly changing environments around us.

Popular Posts