Shadows & Dad's Garden

Dad's Garden
I

II
 As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was recently out-of-state to visit family. I managed to take an amalgam of images of my Dad's garden. My parents are certainly plant people. Maybe this is where I get it from--my want to be rummaging in and among the foliage of everything, and my habit of getting into the space of leaves and flowers. That being said, they have an amazing garden in the front of their house, and out back.

There are rows of sego-palms, an intrinsic part of my Dad's small landscaping business/hobbies, and succulents with other cacti. The art of Bonsai has been something my Mom keeps up regularly. I remember when I was younger, seeing the little trees around the house. Being green was always something that was a part of my life, so I suppose it's not terribly shocking that one of the major subtexts to my work has and will always be ecological awareness; stemming from the need to look around, preserve a little here and there, and to show that among all the shadows in the world, there are in fact, beautiful things. I hope you enjoyed this post :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I work mainly with graphic poetry; a way to articulate a medium with both images and text. I really enjoy digital photography, and poems that make you want to think, and feel. A lot of my poetic subtext will be associated with Indie Poetry and Ecopoetry as ways to focus on expanding Social and Ecological awareness through a creative medium. It's my focus to find a way for others to connect through this visual medium, to have a way to express thoughts in a unique form, but also, to express our concerns with the constantly changing environments around us.

Popular Posts